Friday, January 15, 2010

Mel's the mensch


It's not every day (but often enough) when 44's buddy and long time Hawk season ticket holder Melvyn Freid walks down from 19th & JFK to give me his extra ticket to a St. Joe's game.

In appreciation Mel is seen here in the box office holding the ticket, a mini-Hawk ball, and wearing his Chabad-Lubavitch (חכמה, בינה, דעת) hat ;-) Don't be fooled -- the boy from Mahanoy City has got game.

When I have my annual appeal for a Jesuit charity, this year for John Deeney, SJ and the
Appeal for the St. Paul Miki School in India, or last year for Lesly D' Ambola, DO at St. Luke's Catholic Medical Services (Jesuit Urban Service Team) in Camden --the first check I always get is from Mel. I told him that I spoke with the Pope and we've made him an honoray Catholic.

So remember Mel, as that wise woman told us, every game,
"shoot the ball!"

No comments:

Post a Comment