Thursday, October 22, 2009

"we're talking about practice"






After three hours spent watching men’s basketball practice, I figured I had to write something. So here goes a few observations:

- I was most impressed today with Carl Baptiste, ‘13. I’d been led to believe that he was really rough around the edges and a project, and he looked a lot more polished than I would have ever suspected. While he looks like Shetland Blake Griffin, he’s actually pretty fundamentally sound, has a decent jump shot, is comfortable above the rim, and an impressively big body. For me, he’s already supplanted Temi Adebayo, ‘12, as the first big man off the bench. Which brings me to:

- Temi’s offensive game is the basketball equivalent of a 1998 Dodge Neon that hasn’t been buffed out: it has absolutely no polish. I know he’s still relatively new to the game, and he obviously has the length to make it work, but it’s not there yet.


Click title for entire article. For even more opinions click Hawk Hoops - Practice report

No comments:

Post a Comment