Sunday, May 31, 2009

SE Break, will miss you guys...

Saturday was the last meeting for our Spiritual Exercise groups on Hawk Hill :-(
-- but I suppose we all need a break for the summer.

Fortunate we were to end our season with Mass at the Jesuit Residence Chapel concelebrated by Bill Byron, SJ and Jim Moore, SJ. Thank you again for your time and spiritual direction. We know it wasn't easy.

Every Saturday, at 7:00 AM... for two years, for a guy who doesn't like to get up too early, who has to work every other Saturday 10-10... you better believe that there was something else besides my alarm clock getting me up at 5:30 -- yup, must have been the Holy Spirit!

Gratus to Tim Klarich for the invite -- he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer. Many regrets, and a new nickname, for that one.

Thomas "Quietas"


The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.


Fr. Moore proclaiming the Gospel.


No one leaves after communion here ;-)


Fr. Moore, hearkening back to his days at the Prep, tells us
that there will be a summer reading list. Unsure whether there
will be mandatory book reports, or for non-compliance...JUG!



Yours truly had some holy cards printed up (no imprimatur - but I stole from the best) that can fit in the wallet, so we can stay on our game in the off season. If anyone would like one shoot me an e-mail to amdg44@aol.com with your address.

For any Prep or College alumnus (or anyone) interested.
I'll be there, and it is also Fr. Moore's birthday! St. Matthias is a few block down City Line Avenue from SJU. Make a left at the old Van Sciver's.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last Fall when Tom Prior asked me to join your group, I was not sure what I was getting into. If it has been a strengthening spiritual experience for you, it has been equally so for me. Even though we occasionally wandered off the topic the time was still faith filled. Jesus told us that wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, I am in their midst. Surely, in a special way, He was among us during those Saturday 7 AM gatherings!

Again, thank you for all your kindnesses to me. Please keep me in your prayers as I shall do for you in the summer days ahead. Of all the seasons of the year, I think God did His best work on summer. Enjoy it.

Fr. Moore, SJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment