Saturday, August 22, 2009

You da man!


“Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ’Come, O blessed of my
Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;
for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I
was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick
and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will
answer him, ’Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and
give thee drink?’ And the king will answer them, ’Truly, I say to you, as you
did it to one of the least of my brethren, you did it to me.’”

Matthew 25:34




Hi Kevin,

I sent a check today to your home address. Hopefully it will help cover some of the start-up expenses for Dad. Sorry it’s taken me so long but this week has been nuts.

I’ll let you use your judgment on how best to use the money for Dad. Would certainly like to meet him. He certainly sounds like a keeper. Maybe 44 and I could swing over to one of his games and then grab some grub afterwards.

As my dad used to tell me, "I’m not a MAC machine”, but certainly am open to helping out further in the future. As Tom likes to say it “takes a village.” Please keep me in the loop on his progress and if there’s anything I can help with.

Good luck with the upcoming season and I look forward to meeting you and Dad soon.






A great big 'thank you' goes out to the anonymous donor, pictured above (actually he's not that handsome). Anonymous because he would kick my butt otherwise -- so we'll just have to give him guardian angel status. He was moved after reading Dad Poquie's graduation speech and asked what he could do to help. And help he he did ;-)

You are the man... "Go raibh maith agat."

No comments:

Post a Comment